Sunday, February 5, 2017

Traveling again

Today (Monday) I will be traveling again, out to Galmi Hospital. Please pray for safe passage.
Yesterday I got a unique look into the culture around Niamey. We started at a local church, where we praised God in 3 languages. Here is the Tamajeq version of Psalm 23:

Unfortunately we had to cut church short when my hostess received an urgent call from her kids; so we ended up driving through the bush to pick them up from a campsite (everyone was ok by the time we arrived):

There's an unfortunate litter problem--plastic bags everywhere


In the middle of this scrubland, I noticed something that made me think my Grandpa Rehak was playing a joke on me:
Yep, a driving range, putting green, in fact an entire golf course! 


Back in town, we ate brochettes for lunch, which are meat kabobs, served with fries (with mayo, mustard, curry powder and green chili sauce on the side). Yum!

At the guest house I'm joined by 3 ladies from Norway, a family from Australia and a guy from Texas. Sadly I spent the rest of Sunday in my room with a migraine, so they probably think I'm antisocial, but it's cool to meet people from all over.
"I am not born for any one corner of the universe; this whole world is my country." -Seneca, Letter 28

No comments:

Post a Comment