Sunday, February 26, 2017

Milk cans reborn

Fact: we drink powdered milk here.
Fact: powdered milk comes in cans.
Fact: therapists can make these cans do almost anything. 
Conclusion: Milk cans are très utile. So are therapists.

Remember the wooden chairs we made in therapy camp? Well here is another use we've found for our milk cans, what therapists like to call an incline board:
You can use it with one hand for stretching!!!

You can add weights inside it and push it for strengthening!!!

You can even push it with your foot!!! (plaster-filled tomato can used for counter balance not included...do not attempt while standing)

But wait, call now and we'll also throw in some genuine Galmi rocks! Place them inside the can, bend at the knees (not the hips), and lift! It's a complete workout!

In case you think I just work all the time, here's what I like to do on the weekend:
1. hang with friends
My loneliness therapy dog ☺

2. play board games
3. mooch off of people with DVD players and access to TV shows (have YOU seen season 4 of Sherlock?? I have!!!)
4. avoid cooking...which involves more mooching or lots of leftovers 😁
5. sleep in
6. lounge in my personal oasis:
it really belongs to everyone, and there's a public gate, but also my house's back door opens onto it so I just pretend it's mine

 poolside selfie with one of my pet lizards

their colors are gorgeous! I like to imagine what it would be like if he just turned into a dragon one day and let me ride him

7. go to church
8. catch up on my journaling
9. go to the local tailor. he has made me scrubs, Bible covers and other lovely things!

Today before church we also attended a biki, a traditional baby naming ceremony. This one was bittersweet because shortly after the wife discovered she was pregnant with their first child, her husband was killed in action with his troop. Their daughter is healthy and her name is Jemimah, which is the name of one of Job's daughters after his family and fortune have been restored to him (Job 42:14), and means "dove." Please pray for this widow in her grief and that she may be able to support herself and Jemimah.

No comments:

Post a Comment