Friday, December 1, 2017

We are not done

I got my 2nd tattoo today. It has significant layers of meaning for me. Here's what it looks like:
I substituted the Arabic letter "ن" (pronounced noon) in the word "not" in order to show solidarity with my Middle Eastern brothers and sisters.
The motto "We are not done" comes from my Pastor, Wil Franco, at Tri-Village Church in Streamwood, who gave an impassioned (I mean, more than usual) sermon on this topic several months ago.
Here is what this means to me, in the context of the Gospel which I believe in:
1. I have been saved by Jesus, but I am not done; I am in a process of sanctification until I meet Him face to face (Hebrews 10:10, 14).
2. No one else is perfect, either, so I should extend forgiveness as He has forgiven me (Colossians 3:13).
3. We are commanded to go out and proclaim the Good News, and this won't be done until all have had a chance to hear and believe (Matthew 28:18-20, Revelation 7:9-10). Everyday, I have a part to play in that, no matter where I'm living at the time.
4. Including the Arabic letter reminds me that many people will try to kill us or imprison us, in order to stop the Truth, but ultimately, God will prevail over the enemy of darkness (Revelation 12:10-12, 7:16-17). What an encouraging hope to have!

I got the tattoo so that these important reminders will be always before me, everywhere I go!

**Edit: I should give credit where it's due: my brother in Christ, the wonderful Chris Baker, who runs Ink180 Ministry in Oswego, which helps former gang members and survivors of sex trafficking by covering their scars or tattoos without charge. I brought my idea to him and he made it into art! Thanks, Chris!**

No comments:

Post a Comment