Thursday, December 28, 2017

New Year's reflections

As a new year approaches, I love to reflect on the changes that have taken place in the past 365 days--both internally and externally. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but sometimes I make goals or just write down my expectations for the new year, and then release them all to my Loving Father.

2017 was certainly a time of momentous changes for me. Here is a summary of the hills and valleys I've seen this year:
January:
  • Resigned from Genesis Healthcare 
  • Traveled to Kenya with group from Wheaton Bible Church  (WBC) 
February:
  • Traveled alone to Niger to work at Galmi Hospital 
March:
  • Returned to USA 
  • Started job with Supplemental Healthcare/ Northwestern Medicine 
  • Began long-term assignment process as a missionary with SIMUSA 
April:
  • Stormy was very sick; multiple trips to vet 
  • Roommate moved out 
May:
  • Finished my first 5K!

  • Started gluten free/ dairy free diet for my health 
  • Attended a family wedding and a friend's baptism 
June:
  • Last day with Supplemental Healthcare 
  • Attended my brother Tyler's Master's Ceremony in Philly 
  • Attended my cousin's improv show in Chicago 
  • Celebrated my 31st birthday 
July:
  • Attended one week orientation at SIMUSA headquarters in Charlotte 
  • Started job with Residential Home Health
  • Visited winery in Iowa with a friend 
August:
  • Started job with Brookdale Senior Living 
  • Saw the best musical ever, HAMILTON, in Chicago with all of my best friends 

  • Sold my condo in Warrenville
  • Celebrated my friend's graduation from CNA school 
  • Took family vacation to Philly and the Jersey Shore 
September:
  • Line dancing fundraiser for my trip 
  • Celebrated the one year anniversary of my church, Tri-Village Church (TVC), a sister campus of WBC 
  • Moved in with my parents and put my things in storage
  • Visited NYC with Tyler (first time) to watch our cousin's play
October:
  • Attended one-week training at SIMUSA headquarters in Charlotte 
  • During weeklong Missionsfest celebration, was presented at church as the first missionary to be sent overseas from TVC
  • Attended my cousin's baptism
  • Chick-fil-A fundraiser in Wheaton for my trip
November:
  • Began Second Language Acquisition course through Wheaton College 
  • Attended annual Friends for Therapeutic Equine Activities benefit dinner with my dad
  • Attended PAX Unplugged convention of board games with my brother in Philly

  • Celebrated Friendsgiving with high school friends (class of 2004!)
December: 
  • Saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi on opening weekend in Minnesota with my friends from college
  • Last day with Residential Home Health 
  • Celebrated a white Christmas in Chicago with friends and family! 
  • Dislocated my right knee for the third time (today...breaking news...)
Please pray with me that these trials and triumphs will work together for God's glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment