Monday, October 9, 2017

Recalculating...

I've completed my week of pre-field training at SIM USA headquarters, and I have to report some recalculations in my plans for ministry at Galmi. All good news, though! I am no longer required to study French before arriving in Niger, since the French-speaking therapy assistant, Barnaba, has been accepted into school for additional training. It is now more important that I complete 6 months of Hausa language study, in Niger, because the remaining apprentice only speaks Hausa.
Oumarou, on left, speaks Hausa and I will participate in his training at Galmi; Barnaba, second from left, is now in school in northern Niger! Please keep him in prayer

I now have the following timeline:
>>Ongoing: theology classes online
>>October-November: language learning class online (Wheaton College)
>>January 14-February 9: Cultural Training Institute in North Carolina
>>March 15-18: CMDA orientation for medical missionaries in Virginia
>>April?: depart for Niger; study Hausa for 6 months in Niamey

I need your support now more than ever, as each of these trainings require registration fees and some require travel. With your help and if it's God's will, I will be on a plane overseas by April!

So here is an update on my support raising:
I have currently received pledges totaling 68% of my monthly budget! THANK YOU to everyone who is giving and who has pledged to give!!! If you are interested in joining my team, you can click here to be taken to my SIM donor page. You may start your giving at any time, but as I mentioned above, it will make a big difference in registering for all of my trainings/ classes if you can start before the end of the year. Please pray about it and let me know if I can pray about something specific for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment