Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Book review: "Found in Him" by Elyse Fitzpatrick

Between my Missionary Preparation Program at church, my agency (SIM) requirements, and the online classes I'm taking from Wheaton College and Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, I have to read about a million books. (Seriously. Thank God for libraries!) I'm actually excited to read every one, though, and I'm still reading (or listening to audiobooks) for pleasure in my free time, so I just thought that maybe when I come across a particularly excellent volume, I could share my review. Here's a recent favorite:


This book contained excellent apologetics, not just touchy-feely self-help stuff but the real meat and potatoes of the Christian faith, and more specifically what it means to be in intimate relationship with God. It was theologically rich, and yet also emotionally satisfying; something I've rarely found in other authors as they tend to appeal to one or the other, head or heart. It struck deep chords within my woman's soul. Elyse understands what it means to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind" (see Deuteronomy 6:5, Matthew 22:36-40), and this book spoke to every part of my being. Highly recommended!
Find it on Amazon.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment