Friday, June 30, 2017

Praising God for provision

I want to thank God and my church family for many blessings in the past week!
Last Sunday, Pastor Wil interviewed me onstage at TriVillage Church about my recent short term trip and my commitment to return to Niger in 2018:

On Wednesday, I was offered a job with another home health company, which includes medical benefits, and I will start on July 24! I will be based in the Naperville area. Huzzah!
And thanks to my parents, I might have someone who is interested in buying my condo even sooner than expected, so we have been a frenzy of painting, cleaning and packing this week.
I also participated in my last church meeting as a member of the Missions Personnel Team, an advisory committee of WBC members, on Monday. From now on I'll be on the other side of the table, applying as a missions candidate! 😊 It has been a pleasure and a privilege to serve on this team for 2.5 years.
Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me...keep it up! I will be at SIM headquarters from July 7-15. Please pray for safe travels, a spongy brain (ready to absorb all the learning), and some refreshment, too!
"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers." (Psalm 1:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment