Friday, March 3, 2017

Sai Injema

After several blessedly uneventful flights and a couple of days without internet, I have arrived in Nairobi to stay with friends from WBC until my evening flight on Sunday. We have wonderful touristy things planned, plus I get to start telling all of my stories to sympathetic ears 😊
Here are some blessings I'd like to share from my days of travel:
❤ my friends saw me off from Galmi with a pancake breakfast
❤ I felt well enough after Tuesday's debacle to eat a pancake and 2 cinnamon buns before my flight on Weds

❤ in Niamey on Weds evening I went to a restaurant called La Cabane across from the guest house and ate the most delicious dinner, sitting under palm trees in a stuffed chair. Like a desert princess or something 😆 I don't speak French (yet) so I don't actually know what I ordered; it was a mixed plate which I figured was a good bet! If you know how much I love falafel, there was a type of falafel BUT BETTER. Sweet and savory at once. And little mini samosas and crispy cheesy crepes. And a side of hummus with soft pitas. (Sorry that I forgot my camera so there's no actual documentation of this oasis experience! Thank goodness for Google!)
❤ while waiting for my next flight in the Niamey airport, a gentleman from Namibia, David, sat next to me and we conversed in English and exchanged emails. Please pray for his business and his journey
❤ in the Ethiopia airport, I was seated for dinner with a gentleman from Rwanda named Kiro (pronounced kee-row) who has lived in Kenya for 8 years but currently lives in California. We conversed in English and I had wonderful lamb tibs. This time I do have a picture!


❤ after arriving at my destination in Nairobi around 3am, I was allowed to sleep in and lounge in my pajamas today until almost noon 😴

Thank God for all of these traveling mercies!
I find that I am missing certain things about Niger already, so I will say "Sai injema" or "see you later," because I refuse to think of it as goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment